Report a Concern
Tacoma Community College wants our students, employees, and visitors to be able to express their authentic selves and to realize our campus culture of care. We provide a variety of reporting mechanisms to assist faculty, staff, and students to effectively report and respond to those in our community who might be experiencing a crisis.
Below, you will find links to file a series of reports for 学生违规行为, Concerning or Threatening Behavior, Accessibility Concerns, and Equity/Title IX Grievances. If you are uncertain on how to report, or which report to choose, please file one of the reports and we will ensure the information gets to the correct person or department.
The complete Code of Student Conduct 概述学生在TCC的权利和责任. 学生应保持 certain standards of conduct that reflect the core values of TCC; these include integrity, 社会公正、尊重、社区和责任. 报告的一些例子 concerns that are not aligned with these values include disorderly conduct, assault, 盗窃，欺侮和骚扰.
Tacoma Community College is committed to a campus environment that supports learning, 充满活力的日博体育app和深思熟虑的对话. 学生行为的过程是教育的 and balances the interests of individual students with the interests of the Tacoma 社区学院社区.
The code of student conduct will apply to incidents that occur on college premises, at college sponsored activities, as well as conduct that is off-campus and adversely affects the college community and/or the pursuit of its objectives.
- All reports are submitted through Maxient and are confidential based on college policy, 以及州和联邦法律.
- Once the report is received, the 学生操守管理员 will review the report 并可与报告方联系以获取更多信息.
- The administrator will invite the student to an Initial Disciplinary Meeting where there will be a discussion of the allegations directly with the student(s) involved. If the student does not show for this initial meeting, a decision and outcome may 他们不在的时候他决定了.
- Together the student and conduct administrator will work to create educational opportunities to support the student’s academic and personal success while holding them accountable 因为没有坚持学校的价值观.
We prioritize a culture of care at TCC by responding to issues of concern related to students, our campuses (Tacoma and Gig Harbor), and to the overall wellbeing of our community. The TCC Behavioral Intervention and Threat Assessment Team (BITA) serves as a central network focused on prevention and early intervention in situations involving people who may be experiencing serious distress or engaging in harmful or disruptive behaviors. 报告的一些例子 concerns include unexplained absences (after multiple contact attempts), persistent disruptive classroom behavior, housing insecurity, 恐吓，骚扰，还有自杀意念.
The BITA team receives, assesses, and responds to reports of concerning behaviors. This team is made up of counselors, faculty, public safety professionals, and student affairs administrators who are experienced in conduct, trauma, emergency response, 支持学生在课堂内外取得成功.
- All reports are submitted through Maxient and are confidential based on college policy, 以及州和联邦法律.
- 报告由留院院长收到 & Student Success.
- Each report is evaluated with the NABITA Risk Assessment Rubric.
- The dean will make an initial determination of the level of risk. Cases are determined to be of a “mild,” “moderate,” “elevated,” “severe,” or “extreme risk.”
- All cases that are assessed with an “elevated,”, “severe,”, or “extreme” risk are 立即转发给BITA团队.
- Cases that are determined to be “mild,” or “moderate” risk remain in Maxient and will be addressed on a secondary basis and during the weekly BITA team meetings.
- The BITA team meets weekly to review submitted reports and to render any further assessment.
- In the event the report is perceived to present a risk to self (and/or others), BITA will coordinate with the appropriate college offices to assist the student and the larger campus.
- The faculty liaison, on the BITA team, will initiate outreach and communication to 必要的学术带头人和教员.
- If the report involves ONLY faculty and/or staff, the report is sent to Human Resources.
- A member of the BITA team may follow up with the person who submits the report to 寻求更多信息或澄清.
- If the team determines the case/person is appropriate for the BITA process, the person BITA团队的一名成员将与或多人联系.
- 干预的类型取决于行为. 这些干预措施可能包括 referrals to counseling, academic support services, or referrals to emergency resources 通过中心(原CASA/MECA)提供基本需求.
- BITA members will assist the person of concern with coordination of resources as well 作为进展的后续. BITA可能会决定没有必要采取进一步措施 行动，但会关注监测情况.
The Office of Student Affairs maintains a record of the student’s conduct history. Conduct records are educational records, and are thereby subject to the Family Educational 权利和隐私法(FERPA).
The conduct record is confidential and is only shared internally with College officials in instances when the student grants permission to release the record, or there is a legitimate educational interest as defined by FERPA, meaning the information requested is necessary to fulfill the individual’s professional responsibility. The conduct record is maintained throughout a student’s enrollment and thereafter for a minimum of 7 years. A student’s conduct record will only be released from the hard copy to a person or party external to the College if the student has granted permission, if the disclosure of the record is permissible under the provisions of FERPA, or if the 法律要求大学这样做. 行为记录的数码副本将只会 be released to an external person or party where the College is required to do so by law.
TCC supports an integrated learning experience for students with disabilities by promoting an environment that is free from physical and attitudinal barriers. Students are encouraged to develop successful learning strategies in collaboration with their faculty and the staff at Access Services.
Section 504 and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and Washington State laws prohibit discrimination against 残疾人士. 在这里阅读残疾学生住宿政策.
"No qualified individual with a disability, by reason of such disability, shall be excluded from the participation in or be denied the benefits of the services, programs, or activities of any public entity, or be subject to discrimination by any such entity."
"No otherwise qualified individual with a disability in the United States shall solely by reason of his/her disability be excluded from the participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination under any program or activity receiving 联邦财政援助."
Rehabilitation Act of Congress, 1973 Title V; Section 504
TCC is committed to a timely, thorough, and thoughtful response to concerns of equity violations. We are also committed to providing an educational environment that is 对所有人都是安全的. 此外，TCC重视正当程序，程序的明确性， and strives to ensure equal access for all members of the campus community.
Concerns about sexual harassment, sexual assault, stalking, intimate partner violence, bias, and discrimination are all addressed by reaching out to the Title IX Deputy.
1972年教育修正案第九条(20 U.S.C. §1681)是包罗万象的 federal law that prohibits gender-based discrimination in educational institutions 接受联邦基金. 第九条与性别歧视联系最为密切 in athletics and is credited for advancing participation of women in athletics. However, 第九条的范围要广得多. 它禁止性别歧视 所有的大学项目和活动.
Title IX protection from discrimination extends to faculty, staff, and students and includes such things as: sexual harassment, sexual assault, intimate partner violence, 跟踪，偏见和歧视，还有怀孕. 它还禁止对……进行报复 投诉者:投诉者或参与投诉者. 阅读更多关于TCC的第九条政策在这里.
Anyone can report a concern about sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, or gender 影响TCC员工的歧视. 记住，大学员工有 mandatory reporting requirements, including the abuse of children and vulnerable adults.
Tacoma Community College values diversity, inclusion, and an environment free from discriminatory conduct. 学院致力于提供一个安全，尊重， educational and work environment that is free of hostility, intimidation or harassment 为TCC社区的所有成员.
Any conduct or communication motivated by hatred or prejudice that demeans, degrades, or harasses an individual or group based upon race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, and veteran status is not tolerated.
Examples include targeting a group or individual, in person or electronically, with hateful conduct that interferes with a person’s educational experience or employment, 还有破坏公物和涂鸦.偏见事件可能涉及也可能不涉及违规行为 大学政策或州或联邦法律.
The BIRT Team:
The Bias Incident Reporting Team (BIRT) is comprised of College staff, faculty, and public safety. Their charge is to provide communication between different campus departments regarding students, provide a centralized repository for information about student behavioral concerns, follow up with referring persons, provide students with support, 资源和病例管理，以及教育社区.
This form is for the use of current students, faculty, or staff from Tacoma Community College. Please provide detailed information regarding the bias incident you are reporting. Once the form is received, a member of BIRT will review the information and take appropriate action, which may or may not include contacting the student, you, and any others you have identified. If you have any questions related to completing a Bias Impact Reporting Form, please call (253)566-5238.
What is a Bias Incident?
A bias incident includes but is not limited to the use of racial, ethnic, religious, 性或反同性恋的侮辱和/或仇恨的象征. 这也包括物理攻击， intimidation, threatening action or language, and damage to personal property because of a student’s race, color, religion, national origin, ethnic background, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or disability.
Academic dishonesty is inconsistent with the values and mission of Tacoma Community College. Students at TCC are expected to be honest and forthright in their academic endeavors. Cheating, plagiarism, fabrication or other forms of academic dishonesty corrupt the learning process and demean the educational environment for all students. For more information on the procedure for academic dishonesty, review the 行政程序学术失信.